Peel Dufferin – Caledon Hills
Join us in Caledon – June 24th, 2018
“I was lifeless and now I am full of life, literally!
It’s important to say that your agency changed my life when I was struggling to find myself. After getting diagnosed with a mental illness, I dropped out of school and couldn’t go back at all. Luckily, I found you guys. I am now a peer support worker and doing outreach as well.
Because of you, I am giving back to my community and helping other people.
Every word and every gesture counts towards our well-being.” – Khaled, a former client
Be part of something BIGGER!
By joining Ride Don’t Hide in Caledon as a cyclist or donor you are supporting vital programs that help youth and adults like Khaled as they recover. Your support improves public awareness, helps to reduce stigma and ensures that people get they care and treatment they need, when they need it.
- 100 Km Ride: Century Challenge - 8AM Start – A challenging road ride for experienced cyclists with steep climbs and fast downhills combined with the picturesque scenery that is uniquely Caledon. (25 km/hr – 4 hrs to complete this route)
- 50 Km Ride: Caledon Challenge - 9AM Start – A challenging road route offering intermediate cyclists an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the hills of Caledon. (16.5 km/h – 3 hrs to complete this route)
- 25 Km Ride: Caledon Quarter - 10AM Start – A novice-friendly road route. If you prefer a shorter ride on the road this one is for you. (10 km/h – 2.5 hrs to complete this route)
- 5km, 10km or 20 Km Ride: Family Trail Ride – 10:15AM Start – A traffic-free ride suitable for all ages and abilities along the beautiful Trans Canada Trail System. Lots to see and do as your family explores this trail system. Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers.
- 5km or 10km Walk for Hope-Walk for Life – 10:30AM Start – A traffic-free walk for all ages and abilities and pets along the beautiful Trans Canada Trail System.
All routes will leave from the Lloyd Wilson Centennial Arena (15551 McLaughlin Road, Inglewood, ON L7C 1J5). The closest major intersection is McLaughlin Road and Olde Base Line Road. A light breakfast, entertainment and BBQ lunch are provided.
Registration/Check-in begins at 7a.m. Click here for full event details and timing.
Join our mailing list: Click here to add your name to CMHA Peel Dufferin’s mental health mailing list.
Ride Don’t Hide is a volunteer-led event and wouldn’t be possible without the amazing help from community members, friends and family. We are always looking for more people to get involved and help us out on the event day! If you are interested please click here for more information and to complete the online volunteer application form.
Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA Peel Dufferin) is the leading client-driven, community-based mental health organization serving youth, adults and their families in the communities of Brampton, Caledon, Mississauga, Dufferin County, Rexdale, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. We offer personalized services relating to mental health and substance use/addiction, and connection to our programs and other community supports. In addition to providing a variety of mental health programs services, we are committed to community development, mental health awareness and addressing the stigma surrounding mental illness.