RIDE DON’T HIDE OXFORD 2017
Register, create a team, volunteer or donate to Ride Don’t Hide to support mental health programs in our community
Ride Don’t Hide on June 25, 2017
Ride and raise funds to support Community Funded initiatives like Walk-In Counselling, because the funds stay right here in Oxford County!
Yes! You can collect donations and pledges offline. Download the form here, and please fill in the following information:
- The Canadian Mental Health Association (branch name): Oxford County
- Charity Number: 118834217 RR001
- Please bring the pledge sheet and all donations to the Ride Registration & Swag Day on Saturday, June 24
- All rides start from the staging area at the Market Centre Parking Lot in Woodstock, at the corner of Peel Street & Reeve Street – next to 522 Peel Street
- Routes leave at the following times:
- 8:00 AM – 100K Start
- 9:30 AM – 50K Start
- 10:00 AM – 13K Start
- 10:30 AM – 8K Start
- Complimentary breakfast is available for riders from 7:30 AM until 10:30 AM
- Complimentary BBQ lunch available for riders starting at 11:30 AM
- Kids activities including Uproar Kids, and an airbounce funny farm free for families
- Post-ride massages and yoga free for all riders
- Details, routes, and times are subject to change. Be sure to check off to be contacted by Ride Don’t Hide when registering, and follow CMHA Oxford on Facebook, to stay up to date.
Getting to Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017:
- Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017 starts and ends at the Market Centre Lot in downtown Woodstock,at the corner of Peel & Reeve Streets.
- Please note that Peel Street is CLOSED between Wellington & Reeve Streets, and Reeve Street is CLOSED between Peel and King Streets
- There is limited parking available at the Market Centre lot
- There is free street parking available near the Market Centre lot, including on Wellington Street, Peel Street, Reeve Street, King Street, and in the lot at the Church of the Epiphany (NE corner of Peel & Wellington Streets)
We have Routes for all riding levels:
- 100K Century Ride: Master the hills in Oxford County not once but twice, as you travel from Woodstock to just outside Embro, just before Innerkip, and back into town. This route follows the 50K County Challenge Route twice. Riders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the route before ride day. Riders will also receive a “Century Rider” jersey. Registration for this ride is $75; please select “Adult 100km” as Registration Type.
Strava | PDF Map
- 50K County Challenge: Explore Oxford County’s scenic countryside between Woodstock, Embro, and Innerkip. Challenge yourself on steep hills, and reward yourself with picturesque views. Riders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the route before ride day.
Strava | PDF Map
- 13K Trail Route: Ride alongside the Thames River in Roth Park, and pass the towering Fanshawe Dam. Some parts of this route are not paved. This route is very narrow between Tecumseh and Roth Park. Riders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the route before ride day.
Strava | PNG Map
- 8K Family Ride: Cruise through Woodstock’s city streets, past beautiful historic homes, and invite the whole family. This ride follows Woodstock’s bike routes, with plenty of room for riders on the road. Riders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the route before ride day.
Strava | PDF Map
- RIDER SAFETY: All riders are required to wear HELMETS and obey traffic laws
- Early Bird Registration for Adult/Youth (until April 30th): $30 includes free moisture-wicking Ride Don’t Hide ride shirt
- Adult/Youth Registration (May 1st to June 24th): $35 includes free moisture-wicking Ride Don’t Hide ride shirt
- Day-of Registration (June 25th): $45 includes free moisture-wicking Ride Don’t Hide ride shirt
- Kids 12 and under Free! Optional moisture-wicking Ride Don’t Hide ride shirt $12
- Register as a Virtual Rider for free and help raise funds! Optional moisture-wicking Ride Don’t Hide ride shirt $12
- View our t-shirt-sizing chart to make sure you get the correct fit
*NEW FOR 2017* Ride Registration & Swag Day:
- Skip the lines! Register for the ride, bring in donations, and grab your Ride Don’t Hide swag the day before the ride.
- All riders are encouraged to check-in for the ride on Saturday, June 24th at 522 Peel Street in Woodstock between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Riders can register for the ride on Saturday, June 24th, and pre-registered riders can bring in donations and pick up their free ride shirt, and SWAG bag
- Please note: Registration at the event on Sunday, June 25th will be $45
Challenge yourself by setting a fundraising goal, and receive exciting thank you gifts for your efforts!
It’s more fun to work together! Create a team and fundraise together!
- $250 – Ride Don’t Hide branded Buff
- $1,000 – cycling jersey from Scimitar
- $2,000 – “Champion” jersey from Scimitar
- $5,000 – “Leader” jersey from Scimitar
- For every $1,000 raised, your name is entered to win a Rocky Mountain Bicycle!
Click here for more details on cycling jerseys and Rocky Mountain Bicycle
*PLUS* the top fundraisers in Oxford County receive some awesome prizes – to be announced soon!
Get involved with Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017:
Want to volunteer at Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017? Join the Crew!
There are two ways to volunteer for Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017: Before & During the Ride
Before the ride:
- Volunteer before the event
- Put up posters in Woodstock & Oxford County
- Distribute posters and promotional materials in Woodstock & Oxford County
- Put together SWAG bags for riders
- Distribute SWAG bags for riders
- Mark routes for riders
- Dates vary
During the ride:
- Volunteer the day of Ride Don’t Hide Oxford on Sunday, June 25
- On-Site Support – setting up tables, tents, chairs
- Route Marshall – access to a bicycle, and First Aid training an asset
All volunteers will receive a “Crew” t-shirt, free lunch and breakfast, as a thank you for their time and efforts!
Interested? Send an email to Kathlene and let her know your availability.
Want to sponsor CMHA Oxford’s Ride Don’t Hide?
You can make a big impact in your community by sponsoring CMHA – Oxford’s Ride Don’t Hide. Check out our sponsorship package here and contact Kathlene at 519-539-8055 x. 226 for more information.
Ride Don’t Hide Oxford 2017 Contact:
Do you have a question about the ride? Contact Kathlene Campbell-Conlon at KathleneCampbell-Conlon@CMHAOxford.on.ca.
About CMHA Oxford
The Canadian Mental Health Association-Oxford Branch has been serving the community since 1985, evolving into an organization that focuses on two main programs: Community of Oxford Support and Treatment Team, and Education/Volunteer Services. This includes a 24-hour mobile crisis response, intensive case management, dual diagnosis supports, psycho-geriatric supports, concurrent disorder supports, court diversion & court supports and independent supportive housing and Private Landlords. CMHA Oxford is committed to building inclusive, healthy communities through:
- Elimination of the stigma of mental illness.
- Educational initiatives that promote mental health and build understanding about the impacts of mental illness and the resources available.
- Leadership and partnerships to plan, deliver, and evaluate a broad range of quality programs and services that meet the evolving needs of consumers and community.