I ride for my mother.
I ride for my friend.
I ride for myself.
I ride for mental health.
Many people ride for the enjoyment, competition, and physical challenge, but the real reward comes in knowing that every kilometer you ride and every dollar we raise brings us that much closer to breaking the stigma that affects over 6 million Canadians each year.
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 Canadians will suffer from a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Mental illnesses respond best to early diagnosis, treatment and other supportive interventions.
- Only 1/3 of those who need mental health services in Canada actually receive them.
- Every day, 500,000 Canadians are absent from work due to psychiatric problems.
- Suicide accounts for 24% of all deaths among 15–24 year olds and is one of the leading causes of death from adolescence to middle age.
Join the ride to help show you care about mental health and to help people in your community get the best possible care and support in their recovery from mental illness. Ride Don’t Hide raises awareness and funds that make a significant impact in your community.