How We Support You
Before the ride
- Step-by-Step Instructions—Ride Don’t Hide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to register for the ride.
- Training—You may not be used to riding a long distance in one day and the challenge may seem overwhelming. Stay tuned for our training blog and resources.You can also contact your local CMHA branch hosting a Ride Don’t Hide for one-to-one assistance and support.
- Cycling Gear— Find out what kind of cycling gear we recommend for you to bring to the ride. You can also order your Ride Don’t Hide exclusive champion jersey or create team uniforms to wear during the ride. Watch for details coming soon.
- Bike Fitting—Having a properly fitted bike on long rides will pay for itself in comfort and performance. It’s important to first understand the difference between bike sizing and bike fit. Bike sizing determines the correct frame size and a general approximation of the contact points between the rider and bike by lowering or raising the seat and making adjustment to the seat rails.
- Fundraising—Whether this is your first time fundraising or you’re an old pro, we’ll help you reach and exceed your goals. From online tips and tools, to personal advice through your local CMHA branch, we’ll be there for you the whole way.
- Rewards and Incentives— To show our appreciation to riders who excel in fundraising in any of our Ride Don’t Hide events, we offer some exciting thank you gifts and incentives. Stay tuned for details.
During the ride
- Safety — Your safety is important so come prepared. We recommend you bring band-aids, your own water bottle, helmet, and take every precaution necessary for your own safety. Any child or youth under 17 years old must be accompanied by a registered adult rider. We put in safety measures for your protection during the ride, such as providing onsite trained emergency aid and road marshals to guide you along and be available to assist or call for help. Safety is everyone’s first priority.
- Rest stops along the way—Out on the road, rest stops will be available depending on the route and accessible areas for rest stops. At designated rest stops for longer riding routes, water for your water bottle and toilet facilities may be available along with road marshals for assistance.
After the ride
- We hope you feel proud for accomplishing the Ride Don’t Hide journey. Join us for the post-ride celebration and wrap-up activities at your local Ride Don’t Hide community event. You’re proof that “mentally healthy people in a healthy society” exists, so let’s celebrate your accomplishment!