FAQ About Matching Gifts
- A matching gift is a gift from a donor’s employer that matches the donor’s original gift. Most employers match dollar for dollar.
- How do I know if my employer has a matching gifts program? Ask your human resources staff or visit your company’s intranet.
- Where do I get a matching gift form? Forms are available only from your employer. If it’s not clear who to ask at your company, talk to your human resources staff. Some companies have an online matching gifts program so you don’t ever have to fill out a physical form.
- What do I do with the form when I’ve filled it out? Refer to the instructions on the matching gift form, but usually the next step is to mail or fax it to your local CMHA (please include the participant’s name).
- If I enter the donor’s gift and the matching gift through my participant profile, do I enter them as one gift (lump sum)? No, they are two separate gifts. Please enter only the employee’s gift and mail/electronically submit the matching gift form. CMHA will enter the match.