About CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg
With innovative services, information, education and social action, the Canadian Mental Health Association Manitoba and Winnipeg works to promote positive mental health to ensure that people with mental illnesses are full participants in our community. CMHA serves people experiencing mental health problems/mental illness through targeted services as well as the general public in Winnipeg by promoting mental health and well being.
CMHA is excited to be participating in our second Ride Don’t Hide event! Your support will fund programs dedicated to youth mental health, workplace mental health and family support initiatives.
Ride Don’t Hide 2017 is on June 25 at Vimy Ridge Park
About the Ride:
- Our 21 km Community Ride will begin and end at Vimy Ridge Park, home of the 44th Canadian Infantry Vimy Ridge monument. From there riders will enjoy the scenic views of the Wolseley, River Heights and Downtown communities with planned Wellness Station stops at the Manitoba Legislature Building and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. These Wellness Station stops will feature gift giveaways to the public to promote our event and our message, and a refreshment station for our bike riders.
- There is also a 6 km Family Ride available.
Ways to participate:
- Register to ride the 6 km or 21 km route on your own or as part of a team
The 21 km Community Ride map is now available – click here.
The 6 km Family Ride map is now available – click here.
- Register as a virtual rider
- Make a a donation directly to a rider or a team or make a direct donation to Ride Don’t Hide. This can be a personal donation or on behalf of an organization or anonymous. Please click on the “Donate to this Ride” button for the many options.
- Volunteer on the day of the event. Contact the CMHA Volunteer Coordinator at VMS@cmhawpg.mb.ca or at 204-982-6125
8:30am: Rider check-in at Vimy Ridge Park, 821 Preston Avenue, Winnipeg
9:00am: Greetings/welcome by His Worship Mayor Brian Bowman
9:30am: Start time for 21 km Community Ride
9:45am: Start time for 6 km Family Ride
10:30am to 12:30pm: Bike decorating activities at Vimy Ridge Park
- When you register for Ride Don’t Hide, part of the registration process will include setting up your own fundraising page. You will be asked to create a user id and password and enter a fundraising goal. Although we hope that everyone registered will be able to raise funds, entering a fundraising goal is not mandatory to complete the registration process. We appreciate any support you can offer!
- When prompted to create a user id, please ensure there are no spaces.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 204-982-6100