Tips to prepare for the ride of your life
One of the greatest things about joining Ride Don’t Hide is the opportunity to train, get in shape – and experience the many mental health benefits of physical exercise!
We’re here to help you get ready with weekly tips and training plans in our Training Blog.
Here are some basic training tips to get you started:
- Train with frequency! Try to ride a few times a week rather than one long ride each week.
- Stay hydrated! Always carry at least one, if not two, full water bottles with you when you set out for a training ride.
- Bring Supplies! If you have diabetes it’s always good to bring testing supplies with you so you can check your blood sugar mid-ride.
- Fuel your fire! Just like an engine can’t run without gas, your body can’t run without fuel, so be sure to bring some snacks with you if you’re going to be riding longer than ten miles.
- Eat well after the ride! Grab a snack that has a good balance of protein and carbohydrates. It will help your muscles recover faster and you’ll feel less sore the next day, plus it will help restore some of the calories you burned working out.
- Stretch it out! Use basic stretches after every training ride. Flexibility is important and stretching after exercise will lower your risk for injury.